Thursday, April 13, 2017

Lora Zombie x Eyes On Walls - Unicorn Kiss

When I first saw these making the rounds on social media, I was super excited. I'm a big fan of unicorns & these are adorable. I had a few purchasing struggles, but in the end I managed to snag one.


To pre-warn you, I will most likely use this in all future blog posts that include a unicorn :P

Lora Zombie does a great deal of unicorn art, but I believe this is her first foray into the realm art toys. 'Unicorn Kiss' really has the perfect design to incorporate into a toy. It's cute, it stands well on it's four little stumpy legs & well, it's a unicorn! The packaging art is super cute as well! It was produced by Mighty Jaxx & sold exclusively through Eyes On Walls. There were 4 different colours available. I bought the black version.


Tragically, I'm not really overwhelmed by the quality of this piece. For a Mighty Jaxx produced toy & for $25 USD(& $19.95 USD shipping!), I expected better. I could swear the tail seems a little different from the rest, darker, or shinier or something. Additionally there was tiny scraps of vinyl packaged in with the toy(perhaps from the vinyl trimming process?). A small piece left a tiny dent in one of the unicorns cheeks & it's been left with a overall unclean appearance. I'm not hugely fussy about toys, but I put a lot of effort into acquiring this one & it's left my enthusiasm a little dampened.




On a lighter note, it's a great addition to my collection of unicorn toys! After all, one can never have too many & the black is a fantastic contrast to the rest!


It really is a pretty adorable toy & It's a pretty impressive piece, standing at 5inches tall. I'm still happy I bought one! Even if it's not quite the quality I expected, this is a rather nice addition to my collection.

You can find Zora Zombie on facebook, instagram, twitter or check out her website.

You can also find her & multiple other artists on Eyes On Walls facebook, twitter, instagram & their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment