Monday, July 23, 2018

GID Portalplasm Cliffs Display - Amusing Mini Paranormals

I love this little shelf! Angela Pileggi of Amusing Mini Paranormals makes some amazingly fun stuff! When I saw her resin displays, I instantly needed one! Something a bit different & it created more display space for my toys! I went with the glow in the dark version(I've yet to test it's GID quality mind you), partly because I wanted more GID in my life & also because it's green & I like green(sometimes simple appeal is enough)!


Seriously though, how great is this thing? Small & easy to mount. About 7 inches tall & enough space for five 2 inch toys! Currently, I've chosen to put my Rampage Toys 'Little Unicorn' toys on the shelf. This resin is exceptionally strong! I chatted with Angela about her work & was told, she tests her resin by throwing it at the floor. I don't know if this was true or an exaggeration, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me!


I was sent a little extra gift as well! A pink glitter ecto-rex. I'm going to hold onto this little guy, maybe give it away in a contest! Really hard to capture it's shininess in a photo! I always love a free gifty & I LOVE Amusing Mini Paranormals 'drippy' styled stuff. Really fun designs!


I'm totally intending to buy a second cliff display! I'm officially saving wall space for another one! In fact, a beautiful multi-coloured shelf was shared by Amusing Mini Paranormals recently & I'm desperate to own one!


Side-note! Amusing Mini Paranormals released a new design this week! Cinemasaurus, their first new design since 2016 & it's a cutie! They're working on a bunch of other new designs at the moment as well! I highly recommend keeping an eye on their social media to see the things that come!


I've had a crappy cash-flow this year, so this is actually my first resin item of the year(a little shocking, as we're beyond the half-way mark...) & I couldn't be happier with it!

You can find Angela Pileggi & her Amusing Mini Paranormals on facebook & instagram.
Or check out her store on storenvy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the awesome blog post, and nice photos! I really appreciate it, and I'm happy you're enjoying my art! To clarify, yes I do actually throw my casts (a hard, forced throw) onto the floor, and we have hardwood flooring through most of the house, lol. I do this to ensure pieces will not break if they fall off a shelf, or have a rough journey in the post! I also personally avoid buying fragile figures for myself as I don't want to worry about things breaking. To me (this is totally just my opinion and something I'm a little anal about) it's not a good "toy" if it's fragile, either. These cater mostly to adults since they are hand produced for now, and priced as such, but my AMP figures are durable enough for kids to play with. Anyways, thank you so much again, I really appreciate the shout out!

    ReplyDelete